RE: AT&T: 15 Mbps Internet connections "irrelevant"

  • From: Edward B. DREGER
  • Date: Sat Apr 01 15:44:57 2006

FB> Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 13:26:51 -0600
FB> From: Frank Bulk

FB> The majority of U.S.-based IP TV deployments are not using MPEG-4, in fact,
FB> you would be hard-pressed to find an MPEG-4 capable STB working with
FB> middleware.

*nod*

Again, I don't see how AT&T can claim "DSL is fast enough" in one
breath, then turn around and say they're ready to deliver IPTV.

I'm curious how program content is currently stored.  (Note that I'm
totally ignoring live broadcast.)  If MPEG-2, I'd guess conversion to
MPEG-4 might produce less-than-desirable image quality.

Eddy
--
Everquick Internet - http://www.everquick.net/
A division of Brotsman & Dreger, Inc. - http://www.brotsman.com/