Re: Rate-Limiting.

  • From: John Kristoff
  • Date: Thu Mar 30 20:36:19 2006

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 17:25:38 -0800
Robert Sherrard <[email protected]> wrote:

> I'm really interested in rate limiting outbound... with many unknown
> dest IP's.

That's what that example was intending to show.  That is, rate limiting
traffic coming from the servers into the VLAN interface towards the rest
of the internetwork on the other side.  Don't let the term 'input' fool
you.

If what you meant was to rate limit traffic to those servers, then I
am afraid I can't help you.  You could technically do that, but it is
probably not of much value to any decent server implementation.

John