Re: Yahoo-hosted phishing sites

  • From: Simon Waters
  • Date: Wed Mar 29 10:25:22 2006

On Wednesday 29 Mar 2006 15:56, you wrote:

> Anyone know to whom you can report yahoo-hosted phishing sites (or
> redirects) and get someone who has half a clue? If you try to report the
> sites to [email protected], or use the online abuse web form, you get a lame
> message that says 'the email in question did not originate from a Yahoo!
> mail server' -- or something to that effect.

On the upside they do have a working abuse account, unlike some other big
companies.

Reported details of recent abuse of one of our servers to 4 companies via
abuse addresses. Appears 2 of those big companies don't have, or won't
respond to, "[email protected]".

Yahoo were one of those that responded. I got replies (I tried twice) asking
me for the emails that were sent, when I reported it was being used as a drop
box account for other peoples PayPal details.

When I checked the email address is still accepting email <sigh>.

I was pondering writing an article on why this is making the Internet
unusable.