Re: Backbone Monitoring Tools

  • From: Josh Cheney
  • Date: Tue Mar 28 18:52:12 2006

I have had a decent amount of success with Nagios. It is not trivial to
setup, but once it is up and running, it has always handled our
dependencies and such very well. Additionally, because it calls external
programs to do the checks, it is pretty simple to write a script that
measures whatever value you would like to monitor. As I said before, it
is a pain to set up initially, but after getting it set up, I couldn't
be happier with it.

--
Josh Cheney
[email protected]