Re: Backbone Monitoring Tools

  • From: Jon Lyons
  • Date: Tue Mar 28 18:25:42 2006

mrtg..

Ashe Canvar <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi All,

I want a simple backbone monitor for my 5 datacenters. My "backbone"
consists of redundant IPSEC/GRE tunnnels.

At the very least I want to ping, traceroute and transfer a small file
every few minutes over all IPSEC links. I am sure there are products
that do this already, but I am having a hard time finding any.

The display format should be noc-friendly. A basic grid with green/red
status indicators at the least. Geographical maps a plus.

Do most of you use a home grown tool for this monitoring and alerting ?

Regards,
Ashe