Re: New depths in phishing

  • From: David Ulevitch
  • Date: Fri Mar 24 11:11:42 2006

On Mar 24, 2006, at 6:50 AM, Lucy E. Lynch wrote:

edu skimming - try http://umich.edu.com/
While it's kinda lame it is far from a phishing site. They even say on the submit form: "Yes! I'd like additional information from College.us.com and its marketing partners." Chances are that you will actually get something from UMich (along with a bunch of other junk too no doubt).

Phishing is bad enough as it is, let's not broaden its definition to include all things we find uncool.

Best,
David Ulevitch