Re: New depths in phishing

  • From: Lucy E. Lynch
  • Date: Fri Mar 24 10:05:44 2006

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

On 3/24/06, Lucy E. Lynch <[email protected]> wrote:
edu skimming - try http://umich.edu.com/

edu.com is quite old as far as domains go... but its not really a
phisher as far as i can see - its a purveyor of "online diplomas" from
assorted universities, and some obvious  diploma mills (including
those of the spamming variety, such as the University of Phoenix)
and collecting information from students interested in enrolling
at umich...

www.imamoron.edu.com works as well .. by the way

Registrant:
  Vantage Media Corporation
  1350 Abbot Kinney Blvd #203
  Venice, California 90291
  United States

  Registered through: GoDaddy.com
  Domain Name: EDU.COM
     Created on: 24-Nov-98
     Expires on: 23-Nov-10
     Last Updated on: 14-Jun-05

  Administrative Contact:
     Administrator, Domain  [email protected]
     Vantage Media Corporation
     1350 Abbot Kinney Blvd #203
     Venice, California 90291
     United States
     3104823737      Fax --

  Technical Contact:
     Administrator, Domain  [email protected]
     Vantage Media Corporation
     1350 Abbot Kinney Blvd #203
     Venice, California 90291
     United States
     3104823737      Fax --

  Domain servers in listed order:
     PDNS1.ULTRADNS.NET
     PDNS2.ULTRADNS.NET
     PDNS3.ULTRADNS.ORG
     PDNS4.ULTRADNS.ORG
     PDNS5.ULTRADNS.INFO
     PDNS6.ULTRADNS.CO.UK

nice!

--
Lucy E. Lynch                           Academic User Services
Computing Center                        University of Oregon