Network graphics tools

  • From: Howard C. Berkowitz
  • Date: Tue Mar 21 21:19:16 2006

Much of the enterprise market seems wedded to Visio as their network graphics tool, which locks them into Windows. Personally, I hate both little pictures of equipment and Cisco hockey-puck icons; I much prefer things like rectangles saying "7507 STL-1" or "M160 NYC-3".

Assuming you use *NIX platforms (including BSD under Mac OS X), what are your preferred tools for network drawings, both for internal and external use? I'd hate to be driven to Windows only because I need Visio.