Re: DNS TTL adherence

  • From: ennova2005-nanog
  • Date: Tue Mar 14 20:36:59 2006

Title: DNS TTL adherence
Although you asked for DNS servers - it helps to remember that no matter what the servers and resolvers do - IE will bring that behaviour to naught in many cases

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;263558

"Thurman, Steven" <[email protected]> wrote:
Does anyone know if there is a research paper or statistics related to what percentage of DNS servers do not adhere to advertised TTLs? I am looking for some verifiable research on this topic if it is available.
Thanks,

Steve