Re: UDP Badness [Was: Re: How to measure network quality&performancefor voip&gameservers (udp packetloss, delay, jitter,...)]

  • From: Matt Ghali
  • Date: Fri Mar 10 14:45:30 2006

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006, Bill Nash wrote:

You will not learn hatred until that MMO you host implements a 'Report network problem' button that does a traceroute, and automatically emails it and a canned message to your NOC mailbox. Ultima Online did this, back in my nocling days. Like monkeys expecting a reward, those little bastards pounded on that button until the lag stopped.
That's hilarious- I just finished emailing ras offlist about the same tool. It also (somehow) allowed them to send their blather to [email protected]

http://matt.snark.net/crap/idiot/idiot5.txt

matto

[email protected]<darwin><
The only thing necessary for the triumph
of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke