RE: Presumed RF Interference

  • From: Scott Morris
  • Date: Sun Mar 05 20:15:44 2006

The isolated grounds are definitely a recommended idea for telco/server
rooms...  Perhaps an array of them depending on the size power feed we're
talking about.  I'm assuming it's a sizeable UPS that runs your telco and
data equipment (or small server room).  The irritation, if you haven't done
this step already, is that adding a TRUE isolated ground after you've
already built your building and room is not exactly a cheap thing to do.

Especially in nice metal framed buildings that like to have  a tendency of
becoming the nearest path ground themselves.  But I agree that it's
certainly something as a worthwhile "first path" to look into!

Scott

PS.  I agree it's not good business practice to kill your clients!