searching for BGP table donors

  • From: Edward B. DREGER
  • Date: Sun Mar 05 16:39:06 2006

Greetings all,

The fuss over shim6, routing table size, and long-prefix PI space has intrigued me. I've started analyzing some [simulated] FIBs and believe I may have found something interesting. In the name of statistical sampling, I'd like to analyze some other [simulated] FIBs from different BGP views.

Would anyone be interested in donating "show ip bgp" output? I assume most people are familiar with script(1), but will mention it here, in passing, "just in case". Compressed via bzip2 or rzip strongly preferred; there's a reason I'm not keen to try this on public route servers. ;-)

Email is fine for up to a few megabytes. If anyone feels like sending output from so many routers that even a compressed tarball exceeds that, ping me to set up an FTP drop.

Network topology and size matter not. "The more the merrier" when it comes to data analysis. :-)

TIA,
Eddy
--
Everquick Internet - http://www.everquick.net/