Re: shim6 @ NANOG

  • From: Joe Abley
  • Date: Sun Mar 05 09:40:24 2006

On 4-Mar-2006, at 23:48, Roland Dobbins wrote:

On Mar 4, 2006, at 7:06 PM, Joe Abley wrote:

No support in big networks is required, beyond the presence of shim6 in server stacks.
Why do you say this? Enterprises who multihome need their client machines (tens and hundreds of thousands of them) to be able to take advantage of multihoming, as well. It's a requirement, not a luxury.
You're missing the context; by "big networks" I was referring to those who are able to obtain PI addresses, following from: