Re: shim6 @ NANOG (forwarded note from John Payne)

  • From: Marshall Eubanks
  • Date: Sat Mar 04 11:04:48 2006

On Mar 4, 2006, at 8:03 AM, Kurt Erik Lindqvist wrote:

On 3 mar 2006, at 21.37, Marshall Eubanks wrote:

I will bet anyone reading this $ 20 USD right now that what will actually happen is
the development of a spot market in IPv4 address space.
I won't bet against you, but it will only take you that far. At one point IPv4 addresses will just be black tulips...

- kurtis -
Be careful. If a /24 becomes worth briefly a landed estate (roughly what the reference translates too),
I suspect that a lot of the readers of this list (but not, alas, me) would retire happy.

Regards
Marshall