Re: 2005-1, good or bad? [Was: Re: Shim6 vs PI addressing]

  • From: Kurt Erik Lindqvist
  • Date: Sat Mar 04 10:18:20 2006
On 3 mar 2006, at 04.54, Marshall Eubanks wrote:

Finallly, allow me to observe that deciding on this issues regionally while the resulting routes must be carried world wide doesn't make sense. We really need a global forum for this.
I fully agree here. Maybe a meeting should be organized in the fall of 2006 or early 2007 to discuss this,
either under the auspices of the NRO (http://www.nro.net) or independently.
Problem is that there simply is not one-size fits all when it comes to allocation policies. Besides that, AFAIK the NRO have no policy role at all - by design. Policy is set my open meetings at each of the RIRs.

- kurtis -