Re: absense of multicast deployment

  • From: Marshall Eubanks
  • Date: Fri Mar 03 16:07:11 2006

Hello;

By everything I can tell, it's roughly about 10% for global deployment, see

http://www.multicasttech.com/status

and is becoming basically BCP in the enterprise IPTV environment (which are currently all
"walled gardens"). (Note that this deployment is effectively entirely ASM / IGMP v2.)

By any measure, multicast deployment is much larger than IPv6 deployment at present, and it is growing.
I will be glad to argue the point to any length you might desire.

Of course, the deployment did not exactly take the form that was anticipated in 2000...

Regards
Marshall