Re: DNS deluge for x.p.ctrc.cc

  • From: Gadi Evron
  • Date: Thu Mar 02 16:57:35 2006

Peter ([email protected]) wrote:
You ever find out how to hack those shell accounts?
Any chance you can let Gadi Evron know? :) At least some anonymous cowards do some interesting SMTP spoofing.

As to the DNS thread going on over at the DNS-operations mailing list, apparently these amplification attacks have been going on for a while now (i.e. "longer than we think").

One good thing that may come out of this aside to dealing with badly handled recursion is more attention to BCP38 now that somehow people believe working on it is important enough.

Two good things out of one bad, I call it a win.

Like Barry Greene said, there are not bad sides or immense costs to implementing BCP38. Now that people are believers maybe next time we will all be smarter when we have "currently not exploited problems" to fix. :o)

Gadi.