needing switch options

  • From: Matt Hess
  • Date: Thu Mar 02 16:05:47 2006

I need to find a few options for switches..
My requirements are based on heavy voip traffic so the switch needs to support a very high pps rate while not as much in the Gbps realms - we're using small codecs. We are looking at supporting > 1M subscribers.
Initially, we will be handling media but down the road most of the media will not need to be passed on/across our network.

I'd like to get some recommendations from the list as to vendor/models that have been deployed and excellent performance / cost has been achieved.

I've looked at the 3com 8807 and the 7757 kits already - I'm not sure they would fit the bill (low pps, fabric speed iffy, fabric fail-over time questionable - that's my impression from reading on their site).

Replies off list would probably be best and thanks in advance.