Re: Quarantine your infected users spreading malware

  • From: Jack Bates
  • Date: Wed Mar 01 12:44:17 2006

Christopher L. Morrow wrote:
<snip>
agreed, punting this problem to the helpdesk makes the helpdesk manager
grab his gun(s) and find the security wonk that put a hurtin' on his
numbers :) Also, it costs lots of money, which isn't generally a good
plan.
Do you find that web redirection actually stems the flow of calls to the helpdesk? We find that anything out of the normal usually results in a customer calling the helpdesk just because they weren't expecting it. We found this to be true of email notifications as well. The other issue is, of course, differing what we are doing with those thousands of annoying ads that make users believe they are infected.

-Jack