Re: DNS deluge for x.p.ctrc.cc

  • From: Stephen Stuart
  • Date: Fri Feb 24 18:00:38 2006

> Note we have our own Secure BIND Template which will help on the
> BIND side of life.
>
>    <http://www.cymru.com/Documents/secure-bind-template.html>
>
> If you need assistance with any of this, have endured one of these
> attacks, or have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ping
> on us at [email protected]  We're here to assist!

... and if you have used the Secure BIND Template in the past but
perhaps haven't perused it lately, please take this opportunity to
examine the change log helpfully supplied at the top of the page. In
particular, some prefixes have been removed from the Secure BIND
Template's embedded bogon list; if you don't keep that information
current on authoritative nameservers, you'll ignore requests from
caching nameservers in FORMER bogon-list space that is now VALID
space.

Remember - bogon lists aren't just for routers, and must be kept up to
date.

Stephen