Re: The Domain Name Service as an IDS

  • From: Gadi Evron
  • Date: Wed Feb 22 21:30:40 2006

Chris Brookes wrote:
On 22/02/06, Gadi Evron <[email protected]> wrote:

and help us take it to the next level of DNS monitoring.
In the large corporation I work for, I have a home grown DNS
monitoring system I put together. I have the luxury of full control
over every DNS server used by network connected devices, and so each
and every single query is logged for a duration of 30 days to a SQL
database.

Amongst others, I've developed the following services with it for my
internal customers:
Hi Chris, thanks for your reply. I was just told by the admin team to keep DNS operational issues off-list. Would you mind if we take this to the DNS operations mailing list run by the ISC OARC?

Gadi.