Re: MLPPP over MPLS

  • From: Hyunseog Ryu
  • Date: Tue Feb 21 14:51:53 2006

Since PPP doesn't have any way to identify different PVC from physical
circuit,
MLPPP can not be used for sub-interface required field.
For example, if you want to use different VLAN id with dot1q or Frame
Relay DLCI,
you can not use it with MPLS.
Since our customer requires to use multiple VLANs from same physical,
we decided not to use MLPPP and to use MLFR for this issue.
MLFR has DLCI field, so we can identify mutlple source of a sort of PVC.

If you wants to use QoS from MLPPP, you have to disable CEF from the
interface.
That's another consideration.

If you use FlexWan from Cisco 7600 platform, you can not change MTU size
for MLPPP/MPLS
because of bug CSCdj40945. That problem said it is fixed, but you still
need to check your IOS whether it has a fix for this or not.

Hyun