Re: and here are some answers [was: Quarantine your infected usersspreading malware]

  • From: Gadi Evron
  • Date: Tue Feb 21 09:05:17 2006

Jess Kitchen wrote:
On Tue, 21 Feb 2006, Gadi Evron wrote:

Hi Simon, this is indeed a Windows problem due to Microsoft being a mono-culture in our desktop world. Still, there are botnets constructed from other OS's as well. Also, C&C servers are mostly *nix machines.

Does 'mostly *nix' hold true of the fast-flux or throwaway technique recently mentioned?
That is a very interesting question, and I will have an answer for you, I hope, soon.

Gadi.