Re: Quarantine your infected users spreading malware

  • From: Gadi Evron
  • Date: Mon Feb 20 17:57:30 2006

[email protected] wrote:
On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 23:40:48 +0200, Gadi Evron said:

Many ISP's who do care about issues such as worms, infected users "spreading the love", etc. simply do not have the man-power to handle all their infected users' population.

It is becoming more and more obvious that the answer may not be at the ISP's doorstep, but the ISP's are indeed a critical part of the solution. What their eventual role in user safety will be I can only guess, but it is clear (to me) that this subject is going to become a lot "hotter" in coming years.
The ISPs will be a part of the solution.  However, ISPs fall into two major
categories:

1) The ones that read the types of lists that you posted this to
2) The ones that have the problem.

You're preaching to the choir, Gadi - and if there's *one* thing I'd like a
solution for, it's *that* problem.  How do you get the unwashed masses of ISPs
to join the choir so you can preach to them?
What products that answer this are out there, and how good, in your experience, are they?

We discussed this here before non-conclusively and stayed on philosophy, anyone has new experience on the subject?

Thanks.