Re: NANOG36-NOTES 2006.02.14 Tools BOF Notes

  • From: Marco d'Itri
  • Date: Sat Feb 18 07:22:23 2006

On Feb 15, Matthew Petach <[email protected]> wrote:

> filter generation from RIPE DB or similar
>  but IRR toolset sucks hairy moose balls
>  should be solvable in perl "someone" has to code it.
Like this?

http://www.linux.it/~md/software/rpsltool-0.2.tgz

The configuration generator uses Template::Toolkit, I provide only an
IOS template but it should be very easy to write more.

I only bothered implementing the "easy" part of RPLS: inetnum/inetnum6,
route/route6 and as-set/rs-set objects, and instead of aut-num and the
half dozen of objects nobody even knows about it uses a configuration
file which describes the neighbors.
It can be used both for peers and customers, and allows overriding the
IRR data if needed.

--
ciao,
Marco