Re: a radical proposal (Re: protocols that don't meet the need...)

  • From: John Payne
  • Date: Thu Feb 16 12:07:06 2006

On Feb 15, 2006, at 2:30 PM, Edward B. DREGER wrote:

The biggest problem is when customer's link to provider A goes down and
inbound traffic must flow through provider B. This necessitates some
sort of path between A and B where more-specifics can flow.
Are most of the multihomers REALLY a one router shop (implied by your renumbering is easy comment) - although shim6 could help there I guess.

You've also eliminated any possibility of the end multihomed site doing any ingress traffic engineering. I suppose they can do egress which is better than shim6 allows... but in today's world where I get a completely different price for transit than my neighbor - this plan is going to screw some the multihomed sites financially.