Re: a truly radical proposal

  • From: Andy Davidson
  • Date: Thu Feb 16 07:35:20 2006
On 15 Feb 2006, at 18:05, Edward B. DREGER wrote:

RIRs refuse to grant ASNs to dual-homed leaves. Transit providers _must_ cooperate with each other.
Introducing the greater risk of blackholes, and potentially increasing the complexity and size of the routing table.

In one of our facilities we work with two upstream telcos supplying IP. IP Connectivity *must work* here or our business will die. We would have to co-ordinate change through two large, uncaring, inefficient bodies, who must make their changes at the same time. What you propose would not work for us.

-a