Re: NANOG36 wireless issue

  • From: Bill Fenner
  • Date: Mon Feb 13 13:07:56 2006

By the way, now seems like as good a time as any to let people know
about the wireless monitoring I'm doing.

http://disco-stu.dyndns.org/netdisco/public_map.html is a map of
access points and their loads.  The radius of the circle represents
the number of associated users.

http://disco-stu.dyndns.org/netdisco/public_map.html?user=BillFenner
shows the AP to which I am associated and/or have been associated over
time.

http://disco-stu.dyndns.org/netdisco/feed/BillFenner.rss is an RSS
feed of the above info.

I haven't finished the opt-in interface for people to put their MAC
address into the database to allow you to publicize your location by
map or rss feed.  It was on the list of things I was going to finish
on the plane, but I watched the lame movie instead.  Maybe I'll be
able to get it done after lunch.

  Bill