Re: ASNumber Extension for Firefox available

  • From: Dave Howe
  • Date: Mon Feb 13 11:07:28 2006

Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> It will be a few days before I can look at the code, but I don't see a
> privacy policy on the web page.  What, if anything, is done with the
> data collectible by your servers?
>
> 		--Steven M. Bellovin, http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~smb
Odd, I can see one (and it is in the extension too)

Privacy:

The extension transmits the IP address of the server of every website visited.
No cookies are set or read from the ASNumber server and no per-user or browser
tracking or logging is done. Only aggregated statistics on the popularity of the
the looked up AS Numbers are computed. No information is made available to third
parties.