Gmail weirdness?

  • From: Mark Foster
  • Date: Fri Feb 10 03:17:27 2006

Anyone noticed any odd behavior with gmail? Particularly in the last few weeks?

Particularly, we're seeing gmail deliver multiple instances of a message from a gmail subscriber to a mailing list server...

The following post gives as much info as i've been able to collate to date:

http://www.linux.net.nz/pipermail/nzlug/2006-February/003398.html

The problems were first observed by us week-before-last.

At this stage i'm being forced to moderate any gmail-using-subscriber, it may be that we need to forbid gmail.com entirely.

Gmails website didn't list any suitable NOC-type contact addresses, nor are there any on the NOC list site.

The fact we're seeing discrete SMTP connections does make it look like the problem is definately related to the-other-end and at the minimum, some liason with an appropriate person at google/gmail would be great.
Likewise if this is a 'known issue', someone please feel free to shoot me down as appropriate....

Thanks
Mark Foster.