Re: SPAM Level Status - And why not stop the peering with lame ISPs

  • From: Alain Hebert
  • Date: Thu Feb 09 22:44:32 2006

Should have been clearer, most of the abuse emails I send to ISP's operating in the APNIC are ineffective.
(Well it compares to local tyrant like MaBell or Cable Distributor)

Maybe they dont put any priority into what a "small ISP in Montreal" think because the relation between the APNIC community and ARIN's are not as strong.

Except for the for mention tyrant, ISP's in ARIN are pretty quick in fixing the issues.

For APNIC, we also includes all their peers up-to (if possible) to a ARIN one. But we only do that on extreme case of network flooding.
(No sense on wasting operator time on spam related incidents)

-----

I wont comment more on the comments bellow except to say that I dont like the undertone.

A lot of our clients/partners/friends are asian and are from the Montreal community.

... as for being dumb ... stupidity is a planet wide illness. (;