SPAM Level Status - And why not stop the peering with lame ISPs

  • From: Alain Hebert
  • Date: Thu Feb 09 14:44:07 2006

Is it just me or the level of spam coming from ASIA (region) has just increased 10 fold in the past week?

And naturally abuse emails are left unanwsered.

-----

I could see Peer stopping annoncement of the routes of ISP's that do not comply with abuse (I mean high volume of abuse here) after 12h...

Or why not having the registrar blackhole the domain if the abuse level gets too high?

Right now I see that most of our clients are blacklisting emails from China since it looks like they just dont care about fixing their security/spam issues...

------

That new bunch of spam is hard to tag on digest alone... And I dont believe in regexing the content to see if a url is listed (too many false positive).

--
Alain Hebert [email protected] PubNIX Inc. P.O. Box 175 Beaconsfield, Quebec H9W 5T7
tel 514-990-5911 http://www.pubnix.net fax 514-990-9443