Re: AT&T (AS7018) customer triggered blackhole routing?

  • From: Jon Lewis
  • Date: Thu Feb 09 11:13:34 2006

On Wed, 8 Feb 2006, A Satisfied Mind wrote:

Does anyone know if AT&T (the old one, AS7018) has customer trigged
blackhole routing?   I looked in the copy of the BGP policy I have
from 04/2005, and see nothing about it, and cannot find the updated
online version.
I really doubt it. Last time I talked to a couple of AT&T sales engineers, they didn't even support selective prepending based on communities. It actually took a while to find one the concept could be explained to.

BTW...
http://www.nanog.org/aup.html
Acceptable Use Policy
7. Postings to the list must be made using real, identifiable names and addresses, rather than aliases.

A Satisfied Mind <[email protected]> doesn't appear to qualify.

Jon Lewis | I route
Senior Network Engineer | therefore you are
Atlantic Net |