Re: Middle Eastern Exchange Points

  • From: Bill Woodcock
  • Date: Wed Feb 08 13:54:37 2006

      On Wed, 8 Feb 2006, Martin Hannigan wrote:
    > Guys, are you being semantic?

Yes, we're doggedly insisting that words mean what they're defined to
mean, rather than the opposite.

    > You keep saying EMIX
    > and you're confusing me. Peering or no? "IX" naturally insinuates
    > yes regardless of neutrality.

Exactly.  "IX" as a component of a name is _intended to insinuate_ the
availability of peering, _regardless of whether that's actually true or
false_.  Which is why we keep analogizing to the STIX, which was _called_
an IX, but was _not_ an IX, in that it had nothing to do with peering,
only with a single provider's commercial transit product.  The same is
currently true throughout much of the Middle East.

                                -Bill