Re: Cogent

  • From: Mike Tancsa
  • Date: Wed Feb 08 12:05:31 2006

At 11:53 AM 08/02/2006, Joseph Nuara wrote:

Can anyone shed some light on the current Cogent latency issues? The scoreboard is lit up like a Tree ... Thanks.
http://status.cogentco.com

Cogent Network Status/DNS Server Status Description: Welcome to Cogent Communications' Network Status Message. Today is Wednesday Feb 8th at 10:30am EST.

Cogent is currently experiencing an outage in the Chicago area. Some customers may experience latency on the Cogent backbone due to the Chicago outage. The outage is caused by break within our fiber providers network. The provider's techs are onsite where they believe the break is located as well as splice crews on the way. No estimate time of repair at this time. Please use HD376421 as a reference for this outage.

We appreciate your patience in this matter.

Joe