Re: So -- what did happen to Panix?

  • From: Josh Karlin
  • Date: Wed Feb 08 00:09:53 2006

Chris has it!

And to be clear, we only require a slow (1 day) provider changeover in
the case that you want to announce your old provider's sub-prefix at a
new provider.  For instance, if you are an AT&T customer using a 12/8
sub-prefix and change providers but keep the prefix, the prefix will
look funny coming from another originator for the first day and be
delayed.  All other methods of changing providers will not be
interfered with.

Josh