Re: So -- what did happen to Panix?

  • From: Christopher L. Morrow
  • Date: Tue Feb 07 23:38:32 2006

On Tue, 7 Feb 2006, Nick Feamster wrote:

> As an aside, another question occurred to me about delaying unusual
> announcements.  Boeing Connexion offers another example of unorthodox
> prefix announcements.  Wouldn't the tactic of delaying unusual
> announcements would cause problems for this service?

I had thought Josh's paper (or maybe not josh, whomever it was) said
something along the lines of:
1) if more than one announcement prefer 'longer term', 'older', 'more
usual' route
2) if only one route take it and run!

So.. provided Connexion withdraws from 'as-germany' and announces in
'as-atlantic ocean', and so on there would only be 1 route, and you'd fall
to step 2.

(yes, the paper was more detailed and there were more steps...)