Re: ml hacks for goodmail

  • From: Florian Weimer
  • Date: Tue Feb 07 17:09:16 2006

* Randy Bush:

> so, anyone working on the majordomo and mailman hacks for goodmail?
> "i am sorry, but you can not subscribe to this list from an aol.com
> address.  don't ask us to explain, ask [email protected]"
>
> or am i missing something here?  clue-bat if so, please.

I don't expect the existing filters will change significantly.  If
you've got problems routing mail to AOL customers, you are just
offered another option.  I would be surprised if AOL intends to make
money off that service; it's probably just an experiment if this helps
to curb misuse of the bypass facilities (which have already existed).

What's the response of the solicited bulk mailers?  Do they welcome
this move?  If they are too happy about it, maybe we should be
worried. 8-)

As far as I can tell, the filters at AOL are far less problematic than
crude filters at smaller sites which simply use SORBS or
bl.spamcop.net.