NANOG36 PGP Key Signing

  • From: Majdi S. Abbas
  • Date: Tue Feb 07 10:35:37 2006

	The key signing will be on Monday at 3pm in the State room.  If you
can't make it, feel free to submit keys as there will be a follow-up session
during the Wednesday morning break.

	So get those keys in and I'll see you in Dallas!

	--msa

-snip-
Stickers for Your Name Badge

When you stop by the registration desk at NANOG36, there will be colored stickers available for your name tag that indicate if you have an interest in signing PGP keys. If people keep trying to peer with you, you've picked up the wrong color sticker and should go back.

How the Key Signing Works

Those of you who plan to participate should email an ASCII extract of your public key to [email protected] by 10:00 p.m. CST on Sunday, February 12. Please include 'NANOG PGP KEY' in the subject, and if possible, don't send your key as a MIME attachment. I realize that some MUAs make this difficult, and I will attempt to fix any MIME-attached keys. Instructions for extracting your key to an ASCII file are below.

After noon on the 13th, a complete key ring with all of the submitted keys will be available at puck.nether.net/~majdi/nanog36.pgp in binary form, and as an ASCII file at puck.nether.net/~majdi/nanog36.txt.

Handouts with the details of each key submitted will be provided. All you should need to bring with you is:

    * Photo ID (driver's license, passport, etc.)
    * Your key ID, and its fingerprint
    * A pen

Thank you, and I'm looking forward to seeing you all in Dallas!

How to Extract Your Public Key to an ASCII File

        PGP 2.x:
                pgp -kxa your_email_address mykey.asc

        PGP 5.x:
                pgpk -xa your_email_address > mykey.asc

        GnuPG:
                gpg --export --armor your_email_address > mykey.asc

        PGP on Windows:

                Start the PGPkeys application, select your key in the
        list, click on the Keys menu, select Export, name the resulting
        file, and make sure that Include Private Keys is NOT checked.

        PGP on a Mac:

                I assume the procedure is similar to the one for Windows,
        but cannot confirm this.  Hopefully it's easy enough to figure
        out.