Re: Triple Play [was: CAUTION: Potentially Dumb Question...]

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Tue Feb 07 10:29:09 2006

On Mon, 6 Feb 2006, Christian Kuhtz wrote:
> If you're near real time, you have lots of options actually. And I
> would contend that p2p can be efficient for broadcast distribution
> actually.  There already are several startups doing exactly that for
> large scalability.

Yep.  Lots of startups have lots of ideas.  If you are selling hammers,
you can use the same hammer for lots of projects.  But I'm not a true
believer in the hammer religion.

> No actual end user (other than the geek crowd) will ever care that
> it's BitTorrent or whatever.  Agreed.  But that doesn't mean a
> bastardization of the idea won't run underneath.

I'm a terrible forecaster.  I have no idea how the future will turn
out.  Sometimes there are several ways to solve a problem.