Re: Did anyone else notice the CAIDA skitter poster in the backgroundof George Bush's speech at the NSA?

  • From: Etaoin Shrdlu
  • Date: Mon Feb 06 11:12:34 2006

Barry Greene (bgreene) wrote:

[moved comment to bottom; top posting bad]

From: Martin Hannigan [mailto:[email protected]]
[also hate outlook]

At 06:02 PM 2/5/2006, Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:

Joe McGuckin wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/doy6r

Um... (noticed on other lists, by the way)

http://securitywizardry.com/radar.htm

The *entire* point of that, was to make it clear that everything you saw was *manufactured*, that the NSA (and other agencies) are _not_ going to have data up on a screen that pertains to _anything_ during a photo op, with a bunch of reporters and politicos.

I like the skitter chart, but at the Vegas NANOG, Barry Greene disclaimed it and said it was "out of date". I hope the NSA is using up to date data. It would be horrific if they weren't.

My bet is that they have more up to date data.

Maybe now the US Gov can open their pocket book and pay for Skitter? :-)

Well, as I'd said first time around, it was probably just an image that was a part of the overall construction. Amusing to look at, but I doubt whether you can take anything you see there as reality.

--
Everyone picks and chooses, an infinite number of times a day.

- David Phalen, One For the Road, in Analog, March 2001