RE: Anyone heard of INOC-DBA?

  • From: Wayne Gustavus (nanog)
  • Date: Sat Feb 04 11:56:33 2006

To chime with my own experiences, the few times I have used the INOC-DBA
system for an Inter-provider issue have been quite successful.  The
results were much faster and much less frustrating that calling through
the 'front door' of the provider's NOC.

And it is fair to say that the system only gains usefulness with wider
implementation among network providers and appropriate deployment of the
phones within the organization.  Within Verizon, I deployed the phones
with our IP-NOC (yes, we have *many* NOCs, but only 1 handles IP
issues), with our IP escalation team (TAC), and on my desk (footnote: my
desk recently moved and haven't gotten the inoc-dba phone back up on the
new net infrastructure).

In light of recent purchases by VZ, if none of the above methods work,
just call Chris Morrow.  Just kidding Chris! :-)

- Wayne