Re: Anyone heard of INOC-DBA?

  • From: Christopher L. Morrow
  • Date: Fri Feb 03 16:34:47 2006

On Fri, 3 Feb 2006, Richard A Steenbergen wrote:

> And then of course there is that whole "using the IP network to contact
> someone about an IP network issue" thing that doesn't seem terribly well
> thought out... Admittedly I haven't looked at the INOC-DBA stuff in a
> while, there could have been some massive advancement that I'm not aware
> of, but I suspect that the situation is still "more work needed". Existing
> phone systems, call centers, and engineers with cellphones, seems to be a
> much safer bet right now.

there is no one solution... to anything except 'life' (solution == death).
So, how about looking at it as a tool to use. You might have your
provider's $Person_for_Problem in your cell phone, use that if you can.
Use their Customer Service number or use their INOC number.... putting
down a project that does work because it's not the holy grail isn't
productive.