Re: Yahoo, Google, Microsoft contact?

  • From: Valdis.Kletnieks
  • Date: Fri Feb 03 10:34:42 2006

On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 06:04:57 GMT, Ivan Groenewald said:

> At the end of the day this is never going to stop. It's much easier posting
> to Nanog than spending 4 hours on the phone trying to locate someone with a
> clue in one of these big companies.

All it would take is for http://puck.nether.net to carry either the correct
contact info once it's been discovered, so it doesn't have to be rediscovered
over and over, or a "Don't bother" entry(*) so people don't have to re-discover
that there's no way to get there from here.

There's also the deeper question:  Why do we let the situation persist?  Why do
we tolerate the continued problems from unreachable companies? (And yes, this *is*
an operational issue - what did that 4 hours on the phone cost your company's
bottom line in wasted time?)

(*) And yes, I'm *FULLY* aware of at least the top 17 reasons why That Just
Won't Work, so don't bother posting a reply unless you've got a particularly
interesting number 18 - the *point* is that *IF* the info was listed, it would
help solve the problem of wasting time trying to reach these companies.