Re: Modelling a large ISP network with C-BGP

  • From: Gregory Hicks
  • Date: Thu Feb 02 17:04:25 2006

> From: Christian Kuhtz <[email protected]>
> Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 15:38:57 -0500
>
> On Feb 2, 2006, at 3:34 PM, Alain Hebert wrote:
> >
> >    I fail to see a usage for smaller ISP that are using BGP only
> > for peering and OSPF internaly.
>
> Why would you need to sim this at small scale?

How about for a net that has 540+ networks?  It would be interesting to
see what happens if you perturb this BEFORE you do the perturbation...

> Thanks,
> Christian

Gregory Hicks                        | Principal Systems Engineer
Cadence Design Systems               | Direct:   408.576.3609
555 River Oaks Pkwy M/S 6B1          | Fax:      408.894.3400
San Jose, CA 95134                   | Internet: [email protected]

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.  I will surely
learn a great deal today.

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
lunch.  Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
decision." - Benjamin Franklin