Re: 74/8 75/8 76/8

  • From: Martin Hannigan
  • Date: Wed Feb 01 15:59:50 2006

On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 03:36:31PM -0500, Martin Hannigan wrote:
 74/8, 75/8, and 76/8
 These /20's out of ASN 36666 Cymru Testing:

 74.63.0.0/20
 75.127.0.0/20
 76.191.0.0/20

 ...should be withdrawn now. Allocation out of 74/8 happened
 on 12/20/2005 and 76/8 1/19/2006.

 Operationally, the testing should stop prior to allocations
 from the block, regardless of size. I think it's a binary
 question, they're either in production or not, and if they are,
 there should be no intrusive testing.
It looks like they were given real ARIN allocations for those test
prefixes, so its not like those blocks are going to assigned to some
random network who goes to use them and finds out there is a Cymru
announcement on their space.
Good point. ARIN doesn't have a policy to release space
for testing so it must be real. There's a lot of reasons
why they should come out and be returned to the pool besides
the whois listing which is why I made the (operational) post.

Stop picking on me ras. :) I've got whole countries on me.

-M<

--
Martin Hannigan                                (c) 617-388-2663
Renesys Corporation                            (w) 617-395-8574