Re: So -- what did happen to Panix?

  • From: Jared Mauch
  • Date: Thu Jan 26 20:58:14 2006

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 05:41:10PM -0800, Randy Bush wrote:
> jared,
>
> i may have missed the answer to my question.  but, as verio was
> the upstream, and verio is known to use the irr to filter, could
> you tell us why that approach seemed not to suffice in this case?

	Sure, what I saw by going through the diffs, etc.. that I have
available to me is that the prefix was registered to be announced
by our customer and hence made it into our automatic IRR filters.  it was
no longer in there by the time that I personally looked things up in
our registry, but saw diffs go through removing that prefix later in
the day (night) from the acl.

	Someone that has a snapshot of the various IRR data from
those days can likely put this together better than I can explain.

	- jared