Re: T1 bonding

  • From: Wil Schultz
  • Date: Tue Jan 24 22:29:28 2006

They can be bonded via MLPPP or IMA, as stated previously. Also they can be load-balanced via EIGRP.
What are you using to test your bandwidth (IPerf is pretty handy)? I'm kinda assuming that the T1's are point to point, how far apart are the offices?

-Wil

Matt Bazan wrote:

Can someone shed some technical light on the details of how two T1's are
bonded (typically). We've got two sets of T's at two different location
with vendor 'X' (name starts w/ an 'A') and it appears that we're really
only getting about 1 full T's worth of bandwidth and maybe 20% of the
second.

Seems like they're bonded perhaps using destination IP? It's a vendor
managed solution and I need to get some answers faster than they're
coming in. Thanks.

Matt