RE: Password Security and Distribution

  • From: McLean Pickett
  • Date: Tue Jan 24 11:29:29 2006

Jeremy -

I've not found a better solution than PGP. Perhaps more a formalized
process for communicating password updates proactively is all you need.
Ideally, distributing passwords at 3am is too late.

In the past I've used small password database programs on a network
share. You are then left with verbal or PGP encrypted communications to
distribute a single new password to access the database versus
distributing all of the changed passwords. If you're interested try
http://www.anypassword.com

There are others who read this list that prefer distributing passwords
on paper. You can't hack into a piece of paper :) and if you have
physical access to the paper then you most likely have physical access
to the network equipment as well...

McLean