Re: The Backhoe: A Real Cyberthreat? [ & Re: cyber-redundancy ]

  • From: Fergie
  • Date: Fri Jan 20 21:11:48 2006

Sucks, don;t it? Context, indeed.

:-)

It is a maxim that is almost intolerable these days, no?

No. The more people are inclined to shut-down services which make
the Internet 'the Internet', the less usable it is.

This whole situation needs a new approach -- the traditional
approach has failed, and I believe that Jon's maxim is just as
valid today as it was 2o years ago.

We need to think differently. Otherwise, this thing we love so much,
and sustains our libelyhoods, will cease to exist as we know it.

Speaking for myself, of course.

- ferg

-- Barry Shein <[email protected]> wrote:

On January 21, 2006 at 01:35 [email protected] (Fergie) wrote:

 > I still believe in Jon Postel's maxim -- "Be conservative in what
 > you send, and liberal in what you recieve."

And one can sum up spammers' and similar miscreants' behavior as being
precisely the opposite of that.

--
        -Barry Shein

The World              | [email protected]           | http://www.TheWorld.com
Purveyors to the Trade | Voice: 800-THE-WRLD        | Login: Nationwide

"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 [email protected] or [email protected]